Thursday, July 11, 2019

The Styrofoam Meat Tray Solution...

WhenTheyGoHighWeGoLow
TechVille


Recently, I've taken to electrifying my acoustical guitar.

Which is straightforward when I'm fiddling around in the relative quiet of the Subterranean Homesick Bluesroom.

But when I try to do it in the high decibel environment of a 'Doctors of Distortion' session the feedback bouncing back through the sound hole onto the strings is often unmanageable.

Turns out there are musical geek accessories that you can buy to fix that problem.

None of which I have purchased so far.

Why?

Well, it turns out that I've been listening to/watching a whole lot of Conor Oberst videos lately for all kinds of reasons, including the fact that he occasionally likes to get up on stage with these guys.

And sometimes, when Oberst needs to cover his sound hole he resorts to a couple of strips of duct tape and a hunk of styrofoam.

So I decided to give it a try.

Voila, problem solved!



Best part of the entire thing was the reaction of the bandmates ensconced behind their peddle walls, etc.

And you think I'm kidding about that last bit...

Ha!


.

No comments: