Friday, April 16, 2021

Your Evening Audio...Peek-A-Boo

AllTheWorldsA
CoverVille


Just in case you all didn't know by now, I'm a sucker for covers.

Especially acoustical covers. 

So, because of this obsession the algorithm now follows me around with them and this week it through up a most excellent version of Daniel Johnston's 'Peek-A-Boo' by Phoebe Bridgers.

I think it's fair to surmise that both Ms. Bridgers and Mr. Johnston, who passed away recently, have been/were saddled with the descriptor 'genius kid' at various times in their lives.

Anyway, this song, I think, is about what happens when a genius kid decides that the only way forward for them is an an artist.

Here's my shot at it...



______
As anyone who has spent anytime around here at all knows, I'm no artist, but I'm surrounded by them...And it's a wonderful thing indeed.


.

1 comment:

Hugh said...

Former Premier in the news:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/christy-clark-testimoney-money-laundering-inquiry-2021-1.5993354

"The presumption is, of course, that they were in charge of things when something went terribly wrong. The buck does sort of stop there, so to speak," said Gerald Baier, a political science professor at the University of British Columbia.

"This is a big deal to have somebody like a former premier there in front and facing some degree of accountability."

Gawd.