Friday, August 21, 2026

How Do You Make A 'Deal' With People Like This?

FromTheDiaryOfA
MadeManVille


I really am trying to lay off the political stuff, honest I am.

But jeepers...

From the lede of a piece by Olivia Bowden in today's Guardian:

Leaked audio from a private event has reportedly captured the US vice-president, JD Vance, mocking Canada for apparently capitulating in a trade deal and taunting the prime minister, Mark Carney, for trying to “out-tough” Donald Trump.

The recording, which was reportedly made at a fundraiser and shared with the Canadian Press, comes in the last stretch of a difficult negotiation in which the US president has threatened to impose 50% tariffs on Canada

According to the Canadian Press, (U.S. Vice President) Vance is heard in the audio telling a room of supporters in Southampton, New York, that Carney is a “very sweet guy” and that he gets along with him well. But he also says Carney “comes in and puffs his chest out and says: ‘I’m going to, like, out-tough Donald Trump.’”

Vance says: “It’s hilarious because Carney presents this as some victory for Canada when fundamentally, like, they climb down on a lot of issues.”...


Hmmm...

I guess Mr. Carney now knows how Mr. Zelensky felt when he, too, was subjected to inane and inflammatory utterances from the hillbilly with all the thieleological (sic) elegies that tech-bro money can buy.

Or some such thing.


.

No comments: