Sunday, February 26, 2006

Should He Stay Or Should He Go?

WhizzingOnKingsway
LivingLargeInQuadraVille



A lot of people have been asking me what I think about the David Emerson situation.

Well, of course, I think the right and honourable thing for him to do would be to step down and run in a by-election.

And I just love those 'De-Elect Emerson' signs that line the lawns all over the neighborhood (we live in the Vancouver-Kingsway riding in question).

And my thirteen year old kid thinks those signs are great too, especially that long continuous string of them that lines the northside of King Edward between Cambie and Main.

But she really got me thinking yesterday when she asked, 'Hey, Dad. If Emerson quit wouldn't everybody start thinking he's a good guy?'

Cazart!

She's right, of course.

Which means we don't want him to take himself to the cleaners and remove all that self-produced slime with a wash and rinse of cheap-jack 'One Hour Martyrizing'

Instead, we want him to be in Ottawa every single day, stinkin' the joint out, from now until the next election.

So, given the huge, purely pragmatic-pol potential upside on this issue, my answer now is most definitely is an emphatic - STAY.

And besides, I can't wait to hear Mr. Harper state after, oh say, the 19th VANOC overrun 18 months from now:

'You're doin' a heckuva job Emmie!'

OK?

.

No comments: