Sunday, February 25, 2007

Saturday Night's Alright.......

......For Prosetylizin'

TheGreatestThingToComeOutOfEngland
SinceTheRoadToScotlandVille


So, I've just been over at Dave and Dana and Cheryl's place because, well, because it's a fantastic place to get smart.

And I must confess that I got a little Sammy Maudlin for a moment or two.

Which is something I sometimes do late on Saturday nights.

Anyway, in the comments to a post by Dana that took Tarek Fatah to task for being disengenuous on the Bains/Saini affair, I took the opportunity to respond to Dave's congratulations for the small part I played in trying to stop the Whirlitzer.

Thanks Dave.

You know, it's funny, a strange thing has happened in response to my small, weak attempt to stop the whirlitzer.

I mean when I was writing the follow-up piece, I thought for sure that I was going to get hammered from both ends of the bloggodome.

Instead, quite the opposite has happened.

Very curious, indeed.

Is it possible that everyone who really pays attention, regardless their political persuasion, likes to see demonstrable falsehoods being put to rest?


Now, of course, most on the Rightside of the Dome who flocked here today had no idea about my political leanings when they first started hitting the links.

Which, due to the rather obscure nature of most of my posts given that I try to focus on all things Lotuslandian, was also true for a number of the folks that arrived from the Leftside of the Dome.

So......... While I've got you all here, I thought I'd let you know where I'm coming from.

And the easiest way to do that late on a Saturday night while my wife is waiting is to just point you all towards the words and music of Billy Bragg because, well, he's never let me down.

And, unlike so many musical icons from days gone by, Billy has not become irrelevant because he always changes his tunes for the times.

Just like he has done with this greatest of the greats......
(those who know it will notice the change in the second and third lines of the very first verse)




G'night everyone.

.

No comments: