Thursday, August 13, 2009

Laila's In!.......Our First Provincial Netroots Uber-Friendly Candidate!

DoingTheRightThing
ConstituencyVille



Yup.

That's right.

Laila Yule, who I'd vote for in a heartbeat if she lived in my riding, has made her intentions crystal clear.

Not that I was trying to force her into it or anything when she let us know all about it during a comment thread conversation that also included our good friend WestEnd Bob. This was generated, presumably by the following 'endbar'TM I tacked on to the bottom of a post on the American Netroots Nation...

Closer to home, the estimable Frances Bula raised the issue of the lack of a Netroots-type movement provincially 'round here not long ago (as opposed to that fake Twitter/OpenPlatform official party codswallop we saw during the last election).....And I agree with her that we are not yet a force.....However, a little bird has whistled (ie. most definitely not 'tweeted') into my ear that we just may have a candidate to call our own next time around.....


And here's the comment thread conversation itself.....
____________

a "Little bird", eh?


Gravatar What you talkin' bout Willis?
.


Gravatar That bird can sing ! ! ! !


Gravatar Oh boy.

I think the time has come for me to do a Sgt. Schultz....
.


Gravatar It's all good RossK.

I think I made my first "unofficial" announcement on your site on the night of the election - during your first,rather infamous live blog/chat!So it would only be fitting that I do this here as well...

I've had enough of some politicians who have forgotten where they came from, as well as those who have never known what it is to struggle to do right by your family and your community. We have more than enough candidates that are interested in pensions and dinners and nights in Victora - I think there needs to be more candidates that truly believe in the meaning of the words" Public Service". People who want to work hard and do right by the people of their riding, as well as the province as a whole.

It is my intention to run in the next provincial election, with the support of many members of my community, as well as many in the blogging/writing community. The particulars are to be worked out still, however,anyone wishing to lend their support and work towards this goal with me,is welcome to contact me at lailayuile@live.com.

There you go RossK.


Gravatar Alrighty then Laila.....

It's time to rally the troops!

(and yes, I certainly do remember your 'announcement' during the election night live blog)
.


________


How about that!

.

No comments: