Tuesday, November 21, 2017

The November Rain...

MayAllYourSeasonallyAffectedDisorderlyConductors
TurnOnAMetaphoricalDimeVille


It's that time of year where the young folks that are going to school where I work start to look a bit like walking zombies as the reality of the finals that are just around the corner starts to sink in.

And when the grey and the rain permeates everything like it did today...

Well, things get downright dreary.

So.

Imagine my surprise when I spied a young woman racing across the courtyard outside my office window at lunchtime, bent forward at the waist with arms outstretched clutching two lines of truly tiny kids spread out in V-formation behind her.

And when this careening gaggle of chirping birds got to center of the square of soaking pavement everybody stopped on a dime and a riotous game of old-fashioned, honest-to-goddess square ball broke out.

Fifteen minutes later they were gone.

I headed back to the spreadsheets on the box, my coffee only half-finished, happy and content.


****


Below is my new favourite all abstract affective rain song by the East Nashville madman Aaron Lee Tasjan...



.

No comments: