Sunday, June 05, 2005

Katmandu I Will Be Seeing You

ASlushFundForEveryone
DoingStuffVille



Sheesh.

Why didn't they just pour all that sponsorship money into this?

When I was a kid, a long, long time ago back in the days of (still)Trudeaumania I always wanted to give Katimavik a try.

But at first I was too young; then, later, shaking the moneymaker got in the way.

In the end, when I was in college, I found an even better job that paid absolutely nothing so I had no need.

But still, I always liked the idea of the thing. You move away, you live with young people from all over the country, you do community work, you help folks out, and then you go out drinking on the weekends.

It was way better than the army if you didn't like guns, and best of all there was no god stuff.

Humanism, the real thing.

And, now, due to the latest adventures of our favorite young globetrotter Per, we find out that it's still going.

Wow.

Maybe it's not such A Strange And Bewildering Time after all.

.

No comments: