Monday, July 11, 2011

Dear Diarist, Issue #2

MayAllYourJamsForeverBe
EconoVille


Probably the worst time amongst all the best times was the one time the Motel Slant-Six appeared in the Acton St. driveway in the middle of weirdly sweltery Berkeley flats night.

My editor was behind the wheel with a lump the size of a grapefruit on the side of his neck.

That time we ended up having breakfast on the Colorado Rockies.

In Tuscon Arizona.

****

My editor always said there are only two kinds of people in this world, "splitters and clumpers".

If you have ever watched me eat, you will know that I am a splitter.

However, as is the case with everything my editor said, I have always taken this edict with a grain of salt.

But I do always take it.

Now though, ever since I listened to this, on the Pod, in the (notso)Microbus, awhile back, I have decided to take a new edict without any condiments whatsoever.

This one is from DBoon of The Minutemen, and it goes like this:

"There are only two things in life - gigs and flyers."


I'm pretty sure he's right, especially for anybody who does whatever they do to put themselves out there.






_______
Of course, this does have me wondering what blogging is, exactly, although I do know one thing that it is not - and that is the fantastic tour diaries/reportage of Minuteman#2, Mike Watt, wherein every single word is a gig, in and of itself.

.

No comments: