Saturday, September 10, 2011

Song For Beer.

TwoBitTinPlated
TunesmithVille



Beer's latest post starts like this:

"Felt like crap Friday morning. Went to the job any way. I get paid as long as I can get myself through the sawmill gates, even if I spend most of my shift on the sawmill sh*tter....."

And it ends with Friday afternoon's earthquake while stuck inside same.

All of which sent me into word-song writing frenzy, for all kinds or reasons, many of which involve the various and sundry spontaneous tunesmiths I'm all tangled-up in at the moment.

Anyway, to hear the tune just hit the little triangle on left side of player below, with no download/no nothin'....just aural word-tune play...
(and, as I told Bigger E. on the Email, apologies for all the reverb - got a little carried away)


_______
And I warned pogge that he was really, really asking for this one.....or some such thing.

.

11 comments:

ib said...

Well. I downloaded this little strangulated nugget, at least. Pretty damn good.

RossK said...

Thanks ib.

From you, high praise, indeed.

Next time I'll play the knobs straight.

.

RossK said...

Thanks Paul.

Played straight, could prolly use some accordian.

.

theo said...

Oh Ross, it’s not bad. I like the harmonica. It is a good little ditty to Beer. I must say but you are going to have to improve the sound a little bit and the lyrics a mite before I start comparing you to Woody. :)

RossK said...

Thanks theo--

And while I see the smile....

No real Woody comparison ever meant or even implied....A million, trillion apologies if anyone took it that way.

It really was just the inspiration, honestly and truly, of a word song inspired by Beer's story that led to all this.



.

Mr. Beer N. Hockey said...

No, not Arlo's dad but maybe Phil Ochs.

RossK said...

Holy Doodles!

Hadn't thought of Ochs.

Here I go again.....


(truth be told, I can now see that I ripped off & then sped up the melody from that genius Winnipeegian John K. Samson by way of his epic tune about the leavings of a most virtuous back alley kitty cat.)

.

RossK said...

OK....

I've been re-learning my Ochs for the last 24 hrs or so...And I think I feel a bout of 'singing journalism' comin' on.

Shall we start with a reworked, Lotuslandia-focused version of 'Here's to the State of....

Richard Nixon?

.

RossK said...

Or....

George W?

You've really done it to me this time Beer.

Because my brain is now fully embroiled in a form of greatly agitated tunesmithing anarchy.

Or some such musically-mangled roller derby mash-up metaphor.

Anything could happen.

.

Mr. Beer N. Hockey said...

Listened to the song again, eastbound train rumbling in the background, during my lunchbreak. It's a beauty. Cool to hear Beer's words in another voice besides the crazy one in my head.

RossK said...

You bet Beer....Whacked 'em right into tune-heap in less than half an hour for first draft.

Honestly.

.