Saturday, May 12, 2012

Saturday Night's Alright For No Uke Cover Fighting!

There'sNoUke
LikeNoCoverUkeVille


All I've got is the real Original tonight....


Fact of the matter is, there are no Uke covers of Jason Isbell songs.

At least none that I can find.

And I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

But I do know this....

If that man's work doesn't tug at your heart a little, you just may not actually be alive.


______
And this one's for Mr. Beer 'N Hockey....Can't stop playing it myself...And I've never even been to Alabama....Well, that and the fact that Capo on IV is king to me....

.

2 comments:

Mr. Beer N. Hockey said...

"No one gives a damn about the things I give a damn about." Yes, oh yes. Jason I will always remember for when he looked down at me in the DBT Dirty South audience in my DOA t-shirt and black leather jacket thinking something like, "Wow. Even deaf people like us."

RossK said...

There's another line in that song, I reckon, that makes it pretty clear that Mr. Isbell was looking for all the weirdness and beauty he could find looking out from that stage...

...In spite of himself.

He's a helluva wordsmith.

.