Friday, December 15, 2017

Advent Jukebox, Day 15... Christmastime In The Mountains.

AllIsCalm
AllIsNotSoBrightVille


This is a Will Oldham/Palace Songs(ish) arrangement of a tune that may or may not have been written by bandmate Roy Black.

I first heard the thing buried in a Hansard/Irglova/Frames live version of another Advent Jukebox favourite, 'Star-Star', awhile back, sung by Joe Doyle...Then, more recently, I came across it as a home recording from Miss Shevaughn and Yuma Wray...They are a musical duo who once hooked me with...this. They have since changed their name, added a full band and moved on to slightly harder stuff which I still very much dig.

Anyway, here is my stripped way down version of the song under consideration...





______
You can reprise all of this year's Advent Juke tunes, and read a bit more of the back story of (or, at the very least a digression or seven about) many of them....Here.


.

No comments: