Friday, October 02, 2020

A Question For Mr. Wilkinson...

IGETWeHardlyKnewYe
VancouverModelVille


Based on our last post about the nine figure COVID cash bailout for a certain gaming operator whose establishments have been a oft-named feature in revelatory money laundering stories in the public prints, as well as a bit of back and forth over on the Twittmachine, we have a question for the good Mr. Andrew Wilkinson the current leader of the BC Liberal Party:

'What, specifically, have you changed when it comes to the BC Liberal Party's demonstrable pro-money laundering regulatory stance since you became leader?'

****

We sure hope Mr. Wilkinson can take the time to answer the above question and/or any reasonable facsimile thereof.

When he isn't busy trashing NDP candidate Ravi Khalon that is, presumably because Mr. Khalon had the temerity to bring a potential voting irregularity issue to the attention of Elections BC as well as the good Mr. Wilkinson himself.

Presumably...

7 comments:

Bruce mitchell said...

In tribute to gracies middle finger and the Wherefore and why mr thind might need people’s drivers licence number... I got a phone call earlier today from the “NDP” telling me to write the name in my mail in ballot of the candidate running in the Adjacent riding in my early form mailing blank slot, hence nullifying my vote... is Pierre poutine still labouring?

RossK said...

For real Bruce?

If so, I strongly suggest you contact the office of the Dipper candidate in your riding.

(and if you have call display not the number)


.

RossK said...

errrr...'note' the number

RossK said...

And let us know if you learn anything further!



.

NVG said...

A Classic Christy Clark:

"Casting an advance ballot in her hometown of Burnaby in front of a throng of media and campaign staff on Wednesday, a confused Ms. Clark writes her own name on her ballot paper. But Ms. Clark doesn’t live in her own riding, a detail which would have rendered her vote invalid."

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/christy-clark-wrong-ballot

"Quickly realizing the error, Ms. Clark asks for her ballot back. CBC footage shows Ms. Clark then writing down the name of Vancouver–Fairview Liberal candidate Margaret MacDiarmid, but failing to cross out her own name before submitting her ballot paper, leading to further confusion over the legitimacy of her vote."

Bruce mitchell said...

Literally minutes after receiving my first phone call, I got another who also identified as NDP, I related the story to this second caller and he said he would call me back after consulting, it was later at night so I expect a call or two this morning for clarification .hopefully it was a volunteer mix up but as I mentioned earlier I am aware of underhanded behaviour from regressives re: gracies finger, Pete poutine, the alleged good mr. Thind etc. A day before I got a party email asking me to nominate the new candidate and that they needed 75 nominators to make it happen so I agreed but I also wondered why that hadn’t already happened through office channels (suspecting a fund raising ploy...which wouldn’t bother me all that much). It is just concerning that I might have nullified my vote with the disinformation I was given as to what riding I was in which made me reflect on past lib-con malfeasance esp right now with mr. thind. We’ll see where this shakes out, hopefully they keep call logs.

RossK said...

Thanks Bruce--

Let us know what happens.

.