Friday, May 14, 2010

My Morning Ride.....Really Green Power

HidingBehindTheSheetMetal
TransformerVille



Truth be told, I rarely ride all the way from our house in the near Eastern Townships to my lab out on the far Western edge of Lotusland anymore.

Mostly I park partway there, pull the bike out of the (notso)Microbus, and start peddling.

****

This morning I parked by Chaldecott Park which is smack dab in the center of the Creme Belt where King Edward comes to forest-edged end.

It is also the spot where a small school bus picks up a gaggle of school kids to take 'em to one of the local high-priced cloisteries.

Anyway....

As I'm fiddling with my front wheel I notice this little girl, about the same age as little e., hop out of her Dads's SUV and immediately spread 'em.

Initially, I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on as the father approached her shaking his right hand.

A shake-down looking for a contraband I-Pod Touch or three hidden in her knee socks perhaps?

Nope....

Turns out it was a most thorough sun screen spray-down instead.

(surprisingly enough, there was no sign of helicopters hovering overhead)



______
Image at the top of the thread is of a boxed-in, hidden/disguised 'eco-friendly' transformer near the Camosun Bog Substation....Ha!


.

No comments: