Friday, April 27, 2012

Our Morning Ride

There'sNoGradeLike
SeventhGradeVille


I remember my last days of Grade 7 like they were yesterday.

Which is neither here nor there.

More interestingly, when I think of how I thought then I'm amazed by how much I was pretty much fully formed by the age of 12.

Not in terms of the physical.

But in terms of inner voice stuff and all that.

****

Littler e. is in the last of her Grade 7 days right now.

We rode across town under the last of the most spectacular of the pink blossoms this morning.

It's hard for me to think of her as fully formed in any way.

After all, there is still so much to come.

+28, 597
.

2 comments:

lenin's ghost said...

enjoy the delights of her youth as it is more fleeting to you than it is for her.......I know too many folk that work too much and seem to not even realize they have offspring until they realize they have grown up and are complete strangers........too sad!

RossK said...

Thanks for the advice lg--

Climbed in the cigar tube last night to go and visit the other kid in Montreal.

.