Friday, September 07, 2012

The Disappearing Of The Gazetteer...

...Is Only Temporary.


Just the real busy time of year.

In fact, for an academic at least, this is the real 'New Year.'

Plus, there's been a doubling-up of one of the courses I teach and we're writing a couple of grants because we're trying to scale-up a project from the basic/fundamental research to the translational (we found a molecule we think is worth targeting and now we're trying to develop drug leads that block its activity).

So, that's my way of laying out a half-a-Mama-Mia-Culpa for being noticeably absent from the bloggodome while all heckfire has been erupting on the provincial political scene.

Which means I will be back, probably in a couple of weeks or so.

In the meantime, you can find a bunch of our audio archives, here.

The most recent Pods are there, including the very popular/much listened-to interview with the Reverend Paperboy on Railgate.

Some of the songs are there too. Weirdly enough, the most popular one, by far, is 'Song For Dennis Brown' which is a cover of a John Darnielle/Mountain Goats song.

And, just for the heck of it because this is, after all, another HST Friday, I've dusted-off an old favourite of E. and her dorm/roommates, which is my ode (sort of) to the true 'Player One' of the Bloggodome, the good Docktor Thompson.

Selah....


.

4 comments:

Cathie from Canada said...

When I read the headline, I was worried!
See you soon.

RossK said...

Sorry about that Cathie.

.

Anonymous said...

Hello Ross,

My name is Andre Peloquin. Music editor at Voir, a cultural weekly newspaper. I recently saw your daughter, Bigger E, busking in Montreal. I'd love to interview her for my weekly column.

Could you forward her my e-mail? apeloquin at voir dot ca.

Thanks in advance!

RossK said...

Will do Andre.

.