Thursday, June 01, 2006

Wise Beyond Their Years

TheKidsAreAllRight
WordsmithVille


When I read Zadie Smith's first novel 'White Teeth' a few years ago, I couldn't believe a 25 year old kid could possibly know all the stuff she needed to know to write a book that had the whole world inside it.

Heckfire, in addition to all the cultural/societal/relationship business she even had the transgenic mouse* stuff right.

Anyway, by way of a profile in an alternative weekly from Chicago that was recently mentioned in the NY Times Magazine, I now find out that one of the most insightful and prolific writers in Left Blogistan, the Daily Kos' georgia10, is a 23 year old student.

Sheesh.

What's next?

I find out that Susan G. is actually a high-school kid in bobby-socks?


_____
*And that is something I actually know a little bit about myself because, as my 13 year old kid likes to say only somewhat sarcastically, 'Back off man; my Dad's a scientist!'

.


No comments: