Sunday, September 21, 2008

Almost Live....Latenight Edition

BigTentRockin' (andReelin'ALittleToo?)
VisionVancouverVille



________

Update: Long form narrative now up (warning: for obsessives only) here....
________



OK....

The longform will come soon.....went way late for reasons that will become obvious if you go over to FABula's for the hard numbers and the real (as opposed to impressionistic) analysis.

Here's the biggest story of the night for me (and I didn't know it would be going in - don't forget, I'm no insider)......

The desire in the room to see Eby make the cut was palpable....when Vision guy Mike McGee finally announced the Council numbers I was positioned high above the mainfloor at the top of the stairs....I had a clear view of Eby......It went not by vote number but instead alphabetically.....Chow........Deal..........Jang.......(And, here Eby visibly sagged and people started to push in against him).....Louie.......Meggs.....Reimer (her young daughter, who had been dancing up a storm with the Greek contingent on the stage was ecstatic, 'That's my Mom!' she cheered. Indeed)....Stevenson.....

Then the kicker....last two council slots will be recounted because they are separated by less than 1% (17 votes actually).....Eby....Dhaliwal.....darn!.....would rather have seen them BOTH make it, even if had been at the expense of an incumbent (I have one who is a least favorite)......oh well....

Again, the real Almost Live blogging will follow.....didn't take my stinkin' box 'cause I thought it would be In 'N Out Burgers, ha!......so I have a ton of transposing to do......think I just may feed it to you raw, otherwise I wasted a king heck ton of paper......

____
One last thing......Sarah Blyth was the most nervous of anybody in the glitter dome.....all night long.....but she was the one who really rocked the joint.....straight to the top of the Parks Board charts.......NoFunCouver really is dead....and good riddance!
And Jumpin Junipers.....just noticed that the sitemeter has gone crazy!.....over a century in the midnight hour? Inconceivable! (and never fight a land war in Asia....or some such thing)
Ahhhhh......now I see it.....it's the magic wand that was waved this way, however briefly, by FABula.....
Note added in proof: Originally, I had some nonsense about slate stuff specifics in this post.....then I went back and waded through all that stuff again....and to tell you the truth I don't know what to make of much of it, so I took it all out.....folks with much better inside baseball knowledge will have to fill us in on all that later.....


.

No comments: