Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Circus Outside My Front Window, Day 13....The Riefenstahl Effect

WhenInVienna
DoAsTheSwellSeasonDoVille


The following is for all those who, like me, are growing just a wee bit tired of the constant cutting of the Klieg Lights across the darkened Lotuslandian Sky, the nightly 11 o'clock Shaking Of The Walls, and the constant whoomp, whoomp, whoomp of the Apocalyptic Blades.......(be sure to listen for the 'pay-off pitch' at the end of the first verse)........





How do you like them apples?



_____
Want to know a little more about poor Leni's 'Fast Times at Axis High'?.....You could do worse than read from a real master, Janet Maslin.


.

3 comments:

RossK said...

Man.

I can't believe that nobody is commenting on this.

I mean, an Irish/Czech FolkFusion band goes to Vienna and rocks out to 'Falco' while simultaneously invoking Leni Riefenstahl and nobody cares?

What the heckfire is this world coming to!?

.

macadavy said...

I hear you!
(But those echoes of 'Triumph of the Will' are deeply disturbing...)

RossK said...

macadavy!!!

We missed you at the WestEnd busking event last weekend.

Send me an email at:

pacificgazette at yahoo dot ca

would'ya so that I can let you know in advance next time.

OK?

.