Sunday, January 09, 2011

The New Project Is....

Fifty-FirstStateOf
MindVille


Songwriting.....

I have no idea if any of the results will ever see the light of day.

But the first offering, called 'Where The Open Doors Go', debuted today at Trout Lake.

And nobody screamed or covered their ears.

And that included the dogs too.


_______
Last year it was 'Busking'....The inspiration for this new project comes from these folks who played at our house recently and who, get this, wrote a song a day for most of last summer....
Now, it might seem weird for somebody to pick up such a new found musical obsession, especially when you're my age and your voice is at least hundred times as shakey as, and maybe a hundred times less real than Bruce Berry's ever was...But, as I explained to my old friend G., who taught me few Neil songs (and a whole lot more) way back when we worked at summer camp together, it's actually kind of exciting in that weird, dive-right-in-because-you-don't-know-any-better teenagery kind of way...

.

6 comments:

paul said...

Excellent. Look forward to results. Currently crafting second and third verses for 'Show me the way to go home,' which Jody and Rachelle have found a crowd-pleaser at their seniors' home gigs, but seems to have just the one verse (or really bad second-verse options).

Don F. said...

Hey Ross,
Music is the gift that keeps giving truly.
I spent time busking in the late 1970's and playing professionally in the early to mid 80's a solo act.At least a third of my repertoire was Neil Young, now in my late fifties I still enjoy and play those tunes. I don't think Neil ever saw age as something that mattered or is relevant. Good on you with your pursuits. Who knows maybe someday we can share a song or two!
Don

Donna Rae said...

Hidey-ho Ross, from one-third of Good Heavens To Betsy. I am so happy to hear that Mina's "song-a-day" project inspired you. We'd all love to hear your song(s), maybe we can have another sing-and-play-along soon. Next time, I'll even stay up past midnight if it goes that way!

Rev.Paperboy said...

Ahem...still waiting for "Where the open doors go" to become available for listening and downloading.

RossK said...

Thanks all!

Geez Rev....You sure you really wanna hear squeaky high-pitched warblin'?

.

RossK said...

One month later....

Have number three in the can.

Working on going from EP to LP now.

Ha!

.