Thursday, March 17, 2016

Is It Inevitable That Something Very Bad Is Going To Happen...


...At A Trump Rally?


The following is from a recent report from Ashley Parker who is covering the Trump campaign, if you can call it that, for the New York Times:

...As a reporter, I always try to anticipate where the story is headed, so I can get there first, or at least right alongside the news. And I quickly began jotting down notes on scenes of violence and near-violence, and gathering voices of angry, frustrated Trump supporters...



All of which is bad enough.

But then Ms. Parker writes the following, which to her at least seems so matter of fact:

...Sometime soon, I warned my editors, someone is going to be seriously wounded — or worse — at a Trump rally, and we’ll want to have a story ready...


Don't know about you, but that sure stopped me in my tracks.

For all kinds of reasons, including the fact that all of America seems to bracing for the inevitability of the coming thing.


.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is not the "inevitability of the coming thing".

It is that Trump NEEDS violence to happen for his campaign to move forward.

RossK said...

Anon-Above--

Well, most certainly at the very least, the THREAT of it.


.

Lenin's Ghost said...

That's the media. Report over and over that violence is coming until some twit decides that since it's inevitable they might as well be the one to start it.

Trump is getting boring. Let's kick it up a notch or two.

RossK said...

LG--

I must confess that that thought crossed my mind as I read Ms. Parker's piece.

After reading the entire thing a second time, I don't think that is what she meant though.


.

e.a.f. said...

I don't think that is what she meant either. having watched some of the rallies and Trump, I'd suggest he is working towards violence,

He suggested last night, that if the Republican party tries to deny him the candidacy if he has the necessary votes, there will be "riots". He said it several times. It wasn't clear if he was making a "call to arms" or threatening the Rep. convention committee, but my sense was, it was one of the two.

He stands at his podium and shouts for his "followers" to throw people out. He isn't suggesting they leave or asks them to be removed, no he is shouting, "throw them out" and keeps repeating it. That is a person who is trying to rally the rabble to riot.

The reporter isn't off the mark. There is going to be a serious incident at one of Trumps "events".

Have a look at old George Wallace tapes, then have a look at Trump.

Lenin's Ghost said...

You may be correct, Ross. But, the media has never been shy about "pumping up the volume".