Sunday, December 01, 2019

Advent Jukebox, Day One...River.



There is nothing like the magic of Ms. Mitchell to get you into the spirit of just about any season.

So, with that in mind, here's my ultra lo-fi version of her song of joy and peace (and, of course, longing)...



________
Image at the top is of my kids and me, back when they were young and I was too, apparently (at least that's what I'll agree to when forced to look in the mirror in the morning)...If memory and finger position on the fret board serve, we were doing this very tune when the photo was taken.
You'd rather have the original?...It's here.




.

2 comments:

Danneau said...

Strat? I bought a '61 in a pawnshop in Stockton for $200 in 1969, looked just like Rick Derringer's on the cover of All-American Boy. Had to sell it because of being a student. Tried to buy it back a year later, but it had seduced its new owner. I think he still has it.Great tune, tastefully interpreted. Thanks.

RossK said...

Thanks Danneau--

Pawnshop in Stockton in 1961?...All I can conjure up is a slightly seedier side of the American Graffiti side of town.

Mine is actually a copy - from Yamaha.