Friday, March 03, 2006

The Derangement

TheNon-ApologyApology
KingswayVille



From the Oxford minidictionary (which is most excellent for testing runaway farsightedness):

derange: v.t. disrupt: to make insane. derangement n.

______________

"I'm going to be Stephen Harper's worst enemy. We're going to stir the pot and you better believe we are going to make a heck of a lot of noise."

David Emerson, To the National Media, Jan 23rd (Election Night), 2006


"People want a member of Parliament who can help them, who gets things done. I feel I can have the most impact in cabinet, particularly when they are asking me to join them."
David Emerson, To the National Media, Feb 6th (Cabinet Day), 2006


"I know many of my constituents are having difficulty with the choice I have made,To those of you who are upset with my decision -- I apologize. However, I did not come by this decision lightly and I stand firm behind the decision to become a part of this new government."

David Emerson, To My Mailbox, Mar 01 (PlayingUsForSaps Day), 2006

______________

So, my question for my Member of Parliament is the following:

When did this derangement actually occur?

Was it when you got together with Mr. John Reynolds after the election, or did it occur before that? You know, back when you were essentially, and repeatedly, calling Mr. Harper an 'Enemy Of The State' while rumours swirled that you were simultaneously helping to hold up an imminent Softwood Lumber agreement with the hated (or is that loved? - I can't quite keep track) Bush Administration?

OTTAWA—Here's the plot of a real-life political thriller: David Emerson defected to the Conservatives this week carrying a multi-billion dollar softwood lumber deal that Liberals, for political reasons, didn't finalize before the federal election.

Former colleagues as well as officials and diplomats privy to the secret, backchannel talks insist Emerson was instrumental in delaying a breakthrough in the decades-old dispute that cost thousands of Canadian jobs. They say the former Liberal industry minister worried that a pre-election announcement would damage Liberal prospects in key British Columbia ridings.
James Travers, Toronto Star, Feb 09, 2006


We have questions - you have answers.

Could you just give us a straight one?

Please?


____
Original Link Source to the Travers piece: Tim at pogge.

.



No comments: