Thursday, March 23, 2006

Liberal Leadership Gone Wild

TheHostestWithTheMostest
FiddleHeadVille



For the last couple of weeks Sean Holman has been lifting the veil and showing us which local (ie. Vancouver-based) Liberal apparatchucks have been 'hosting' receptions/campaign launches for potential Federal Leadership contenders. Which, in and of itself, is interesting as far as it goes (ie. will the Marrissen/Clarks go all the way with Celine S. Dion? etc.), but what we really want to know is the following.......

.....Who will be hosting this guy?

Cape Breton's outlandish fiddler Ashley MacIsaac has expressed an interest in leading the federal Liberal party.

This week, MacIsaac, 31, insisted to various media outlets that he has been a lifelong Liberal and that his bid for the federal leadership is not another stunt.

"I know that I've courted a lot of press in the past for situations in my entertainment life," he said in an interview.

"I have for many years relied upon the sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll image to sell tickets. That's not what I plan on doing to sell my particular platform of what I think the Liberals need to do to move forward."



Now, Bill Richardson is probably too obvious a choice (not that he wouldn't be a great one), but how about the always fantabulous Freddie Lee?

.

No comments: