Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Another Canadian Who Is Not A Member Of The HealthCare Haters' Club

IDon'tWantToDebateTheUniversalityDismantlers
IWantToStopThemVille


This time it's our friend Jennifer who writes, 'If I Were American I'd Be Dead'.

She also tells the heart-breaking story of a commenter she met at Daily Kos who had a similar kidney ailment as she did who did not recover, at least in part, because of the American system, and who is now in tremendous difficulty in terms of her health and her finances. Here's a bit of the story, but I really recommend that you head on over to Jennifer's and read the entire thing:

"....Unlike me, however, River lives in the U.S. So when she started experiencing symptoms, she didn't go to the doctor right away because of the cost of co-pays and the fear of being declined. And so while my condition was caught in time (barely) to restore my kidneys to full function, hers failed completely and irreparably. And while I now lead a happy, healthy normal life, she is facing a lifetime of dialysis. Which probably won't be as long as you'd think, because she's about to hit the lifetime cap on her husband's medical insurance..."



So.

When you hear from people who are supposed be working for us pushing the Two-Tiered Healthcare envelope please understand what is really at stake.

OK?

.

No comments: