Thursday, September 29, 2011

Those Who Can't Teach...Teach Gym.

WhatIfWileE.CoyoteWentFasterMilesAnHour
WithTheRadioOnVille


Now.

Don't get me wrong.

Because I think Richard Linklater, especially at his best, is a genius.

After all, anybody who can start a whole new genre of anything, out of almost, but not quite, nothing is pretty much the top-of-the-pops in my books.

But given all that, I really do have a small quibble with one particular aspect of Mr. Linklater's most successful bit of multilevel movie stratification fit for the whole family.

Specifically, he really should have had Dewey Finn go back past JRichman's 'Roadrunner' to JCale's & LReed's 'Sister Ray'.

Because, if you don't do that, how the heckfire can you possibly have a class in Rock History that comes even remotely close to explaining where the inspiration for the following came from...



Which, of course, changed absolutely everything.

And, in the very end, absolutely nothing.

Which, if you ask me, is the true magic of the thing.

OK?

.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! it is this kind of music that gets one's foot tapping and the attention of the constabulary when driving. NICE!

Burgess

RossK said...

You are most welcome Burgess.

_____
(and I'm pretty sure I've got a tune or two coming from my now wayward oldest kid coming soon)

motorcycleguy said...

Considering all the original vinyl I still have, not sure how I missed this one.....thanks....will put it on my road trip CD right before Springsteen Open All Night

RossK said...

mcg--

Me, I like nothing better than walking along a long beach, with dog in tow playing 'Open' in as many keys as possible.

Thanks.

.

Mr. Beer N. Hockey said...

You bet it's great to be alive.