Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Not With A Bang, But A...

HollowerMenCouldNeverHaveBeenImaginedEvenBy
EliotVille


Oh gosh, hang on a second. I think I've got this one wrong.

Because...

This:

Michigan Court of Claims Judge Christopher Murray issued a preliminary injunction Tuesday that effectively halts Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson's directive banning the open carry of guns near polling locations on Election Day...

****

I'm sorry to say this about a place where I once lived and still do love, mostly because of the people we got to know so well while were there, but...

I honestly fear that if Mr. Trump wins AND the Democrats do not take back the Senate next week that this really will be the end of America as we know it.

Regardless whether there are bangs, bang-bangs, whimpers, or all three put together, involved.

OK?



______
The quote, above, is from the lede of a piece by Beth Leblanc in yesterday's Detroit News...And lest you think this post is nothing but hyperbole, do not forget that Michigan is the state where, at least in part due to the bleatings of President ALL CAPS, a group of deranged hollowed out 'men' tried to...Do this.


.

7 comments:

Booey said...

His 'base' reminds of the old Jones town of yore. If Trump loses has he convinced his followers to rise up and fight back. Shades of 1861.

chuckstraight said...

I fear you may be right. The USA is a crazy place now,and some may not be happy to see Trump lose. Many have arms.

e.a.f. said...

Watched Rachel Maddox's show last evening. It was a tad scary--as of yesterday mail in ballots weren't going to get there on time. She was advising people to get them in where they could and forget the mail. She had a picture up of African Americans voting in Alabama in 1965. the crowd was enormous. She was encouraging people to have a plan--take water, food, masks, and be prepared to wait for a very long time. In some areas there was no place to drop off ballots. In one state 21 counties did not have drop off spots, so she was advising people to go to county offices. In some states 1/3 of the mail in ballots hadn't been mailed in yet.

On the American election day I expect to see ICE swat teams arrive and arrest American citizens and detain them. Then people will have to fight their ways out of the detention centers. It will prevent them from voting. ICE swat teams have been moving around the U.S.A. for several months and in my opinion, they were being put in place not to round up "illegals" but rather to intimidate American citizens of Hispanic descent.

I expect the proud boys to be front and center at voting stations and in open carry states, they will be armed. Roger Stone has a lovely picture of him and the proud boys and we know trump arranged a "pass" for him.

If Trump looses the election, expect court challenges which will be lost. I do hope I'm wrong, because if I'm not, we will have a third world dictatorship sitting on our border with a nut bar in charge, corruption abounding and refugees pouring over our border. They will be leaving for political reasons but also because of poverty and COVID--no health care can be a big problem when American know its in Mexico and Canada. It really doesn't take much for a country to go from "normal" to civil war. Remember the former Yugoslavia.

NVG said...

At the beginning of Covid-19 I sought out my copy of Nevil Shute's 'On The Beach' to cheer me up. It worked. It's just a book. I couldn't possibly happen for real! A Nuclear War! Get away.

However, ....now that I know how dangerous Trump, and his followers are, I sure hope that someone short circuits the presidential codes for 'Little Boy''Fat Boy' 2020 version.

There is history for his twitchy finger. Soleimani



Lew said...

The name of the country is a lie.

NVG said...

https://electionlandtrends.appspot.com/PreElection2020?s=CA&c=Absentee%20ballot,Early%20voting,Voter%20registration,

Ivan said...

Hello everyone, I want to start making money on the Internet, but I don't know where. Who can suggest something? I found https://cex.io/buy-tron here I was told that you can start earning, but I want to see other resources. I would be grateful for your advice.