Monday, July 18, 2022

Don't Know What You've Got Till It's Gone.

NotAllParadisesNeed
BePavedVille

_______

Update: Thanks to reader Graham for pointing out that the Cambie store is still very much alive as 'Video Cat'
_______


littler e. came by the house on the weekend to clean up a few remnants left behind in the closet of her old room.

Heckfire.  I should probably do that at my own parents' place where we left a bunch of stuff thirty years ago when C. and I took off for the Excited States with nothing more than that which we could stuff into the back of a 1981 Mazda GLC.

Anyway, while she was here e. found the following...


She figures I gave it to her so that she could ride her bike over to rent something a few (or more?) years ago.

I wasn't so sure about that but we did agree that somebody should have headed over to cash in on the free one we had coming...





Darn.

We really should have gone sooner.

(and more often)


_______
One good thing...Black Dog's podcast is still going...The last in-store looked at 'High Fidelity'.


.

4 comments:

Graham said...

It is NOT too late.
The sign still says Black Dog on the awning but it’s now called Video Cat. A long time employee RJ bought it from Darren over a year ago and it’s as least as good if not better. If it’s not busy RJ is always up for a chat on movies or? He also sells movies and a few things, albums. I bet he’d even honour that free one although they don’t have new cards yet and don’t seem to do the paw stamp, but maybe. Oh, and not to brag or compare or get out any measuring devices but, #397 right here.
I signed up there after trying the other local red guys and then the blue guys. I didn’t have a credit card so they told me to “ beat it punk”. I just happened to be going by the heretofore unknown to me Black Dog and thought I’d give it a shot. Darren didn’t even blink at the news of my zero credit card. “ No problem, you don’t need a card to rent. What are you gonna do, steal one movie?”
“ That’s what I said” I said. I still go regularly for movies that will never be on Netflix or for the special oldies or specialty series that are not available on my lack of any cable tv. Endeavour season 8 is out soon and having heard about it but never watched it RJ answered Yes, he does have the Chappelle show series.
It’s called Video Cat but it’s still dog friendly if you have the Whackadoodle with you.

RossK said...

Fantastic Graham - thanks!

.

littler e said...

don't worry dad, theres still lots of crap in the closet, i only scratched the surface!

RossK said...

Ahhh...Perhaps there is a 'Smash Hits' video card in there somewhere as well.


.