Sunday, July 10, 2022

Twenty Million.

PublicHealthMeasures
MatterVille


You don't even have to get past The Economist's paywall to get to their kicker about estimates of the number of lives saved by COVID vaccines in the first year of use:




Of course, none of this will stop the screamers from yelling and stamping on their keyboards however...


______
As for the problem of decreased effectiveness of the first generation vaccines
against the latest Omicron variants...Eric Topol explains that the increased mutational burden in the new variants means that the immune response raised by those vaccines (and infection with earlier viral variants) is suboptimal...




.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty sure that refusing the vaccines did indeed silence some of the screamers. I'm sure they're consoled by their posthumous Darwin Awards.

RossK said...

Anon-Above--

To be clear, most definitely has not sliced the decibel level from the screamers who stop by this little F-Troop list spot of a blog.


.

Anonymous said...

For the screamers who stop by RossK's little blog: I am in my mid '60s and did two AZ and one Pfizer booster in 2021. Last month we flew to a large prairie town to visit the daughter and son-in-law where I did come down with Covid, probably on the plane even thought I masked up. I tested positive for the virus 4 weeks ago. We eventually all came down with the virus but since we all had our shots, we recovered quite nicely. I felt as if I had seasonal allergies and recovered in 6 days. Compare me to this anti-vaxxer, a decade and one half younger than I who continues to deny he caught Covid even though he tested positive: https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/post/mark-friesen-48-saskatoon-sask-ca-ppc-candidate-sask-riding-intubated-with-covid.
Mark has been so sick that he couldn't go to Ottawa to hang out with his Freedumb trucker buddies last February. Three weeks after I tested positive we rode the KVR 80K Okanagan Trestles Tour. You be the judge.

mr perfect