Sunday, July 17, 2022

Down To The Water With Dogs.


AllYourSticks
'RHersVille


One lunch time in the third grade I 'forgot' my coat in the cloak room and tried to make it home in a downpour without getting soaked by sprinting from tree to tree up Monterey Avenue.

They're bigger now, but even back then there were many large, leafy oak and chestnut trees along that stretch of road.

Thus, I figured that my logic was impeccable and that my plan was perfect.

Boy, was I wrong on both counts - and my mother was not amused.

****

That memory came flooding back this morning while the Whackadoodle-II and I were well into our beach walk.

Suddenly, the ceiling came down, the sky grew dark, and it started pouring like it rarely does around here in mid-July.

So we sprinted for the trees, and the canopy kept us relatively dry...

For about three minutes.

After that, we gave up and I threw fetching sticks out into the water as we strolled back toward the car.

Boy, did we get soaked.



__________
The squall had pretty much passed as we approached the parking lot and came across the couple with the two big dogs that we see most weekends...The woman, who is very nice, said that both the W-II and I looked a little 'bedraggled'...Good word that, sounds like what it means... 



.

No comments: