Sunday, October 30, 2022

Sunday Set...Of Lullabies and Murder Ballads.

BothOverAndUnder
HillsAndDalesVille


Despite the post title, this one has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Halloween.

Tunes covered include:

Abilene...W&W version

Thirteen...by Mr. Bell and Mr. Chilton


Ballad Of Lou The Welterweight...The Felice Brothers

Nebraska...Not John Wurster

 

 
 


______
Image at the top of the post...Fall time by (and from) our friend Theo Nelson...You can enjoy a little more of Theo's stuff...Here.


.

2 comments:

e.a.f. said...

I want the painting. How he works the sky and the fields reminds me of a part of Sask. I drove through a couple of decades ago. Picture is amazing, but then the artist has some nice things to say about Len Norris. Here I thought I was one of the few people around who remembered him. Started reading his cartons in the Vancouver Sun as a kid and loved them. O.K. I'd been reading politics since I wqas 8. I still have the books of his cartoons and when I go through them every few years I am reminded in a way, things haven't changed that much
G
Thanks again for posting the artist's work! Good to know Len Norris's work is at SFU

little e said...

happy to hear about the boots.