Friday, June 13, 2008

If This Crap Is Even Remotely True, It Is No Laughing Matter

WeAreNOTABananaRepublic
Lotusland


_____

Update:
I have heard back from the matriarch of the 'B' family who lives in Tsawwassen. This is for real. Film at 11.

____

Earlier today we commented, with some snark, about the news reports that a crown corporation, the British Columbia Transmission Corporation, feels that it has both a right and an obligation (?!) to spy on law abiding citizens who do not agree with their policies about running high tension wires through populated neighbourhoods.

Well, in response to that we received the following, absolutely snark free comment:

We live on 53a street and we have been followed by BCTC who are in unmarked cars with cameras pointed at us continually. I personally confronted them with my own camera and have close ups of their faces and their license plate.

One morning when I opened my living room curtains they were parked directly across the street and a camera lense was pointed at my home. My husband was followed when he got in his truck drove down highway 17 and after driving through the Massey Tunnel the car disappeared.

We are not paranoid, but we are very aware of being followed and our moves are being recorded. BCTC has been using bully and intimidation with regards to all the homeowners residing on the ROW.

It is very interesting to us, as tax payers, that this corporation does not have to follow laws, municiple laws, and we have no rights.

NO, we do not plan on voting for the Liberals in the next election.


Now, at this point I cannot confirm that the comment from 'The Bee Family' is 100% accurate (I am awaiting an Email response).

However, if only half of it turns out to be true* the BCTC and all concerned should be ashamed of themselves. And, in my opinion, they should also be shamed into repudiating their currentd policies on 'information gathering' and apologizing for their actions.

Profusely.

OK?

_____
*And remember, the BCTC has already publicly admitted, through spokesthingies, that they did, indeed, put people under surveillance.
Double Secret Probation Update: Since hearing from Ms. 'Bee' I have removed her full family name from this post and her original comment. This was my idea, not hers, I just want to give her and hers a little cloak of protective anononymity given the way this thing has gone so far.


.

No comments: