Wednesday, December 22, 2021

We're On Our Way To Summer!


FlippingTheOrb's
TiltVille


I have only two traditions when the winter solstice hits.

Number one is to try and remember to wish my youngest brother, a whippersnapper who is lucky enough to still be in just his sixth decade, happy birthday. This year I also told him to make sure to listen to his guy Uncle Neil talking to Rick Rubin.

Number two is to try and remember to tell our kids that, no matter how dark and dank the Lotuslandian day is, weather-wise, that....

"We're on our way to Summer!"


_______
Actually, I'd forgotten that there is a third solstice tradition...Which is that fantastic paintings like the one at the top of the post appear magically in my inbox courtesy the artist and our good friend Theo Nelson.


.

4 comments:

e.a.f. said...

Thank you for putting the painting up on your blog. Its gorgeous!
Merry Christmas

RossK said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours, also e.a.f.!

(and don't thank me for the painting...thank Theo!)


.

Graham said...

Yup, over the hump and the days will be getting longer. I definitely look forward to that day. Conversely I always feel a teeny bit sad when we hit the summer one. Although it is a lovely time of year, to know the days are shortening leaves me a little sad. But not for long!
I am a little concerned though because as I grow older the time between the solstices seems to pass more quickly and becomes a little more precious. I find I’m far more patient with the bad weather as, well, it’s just weather and bound to change.

Anonymous said...

Every day is 3 minutes longer now!