Saturday, September 11, 2010

So, I've Been Dipping My Toe Into The....

TweedleDum&
TweedleDeeVille



Twitterverse.....

And I've just gotta ask....

Why is it that just about everybody and/or anybody who is even remotely associated with Lotusland's proMedia pack follows this guy?





________
(and, if I were to take a stab at answering my own quasi-rhetorical question.....Given the consistent quality of the guy's work and output, maybe it means that there actually is still some hope for our local 4th estaterarians....)

.

4 comments:

Alison said...

Well maybe he'd like to cover this.

After 20 -year veteran Elections B.C. Deputy CEO Linda Johnson wouldn’t let Campbell send out his plushy $780,000 HST pamphlet during the HST repeal petition, Campbell appointed – appointed! – a new temp CEO, Craig Jones, who then stalled on forwarding the successful petition to committee so that biz groups could contest it in court.

Well that Campbell-appointed temporary CEO has just freaking restructured/fired Linda Johnson. And there's nothing in the press.

Left message for Laila also - you guys so much better on local politics than I am.

Alison said...

OK, I was wrong. The G&M did cover it on Thursday but I missed it coz I spelled her name incorrectly in my Google news search.

Still, what is a temp CEO doing "restructuring" Elections BC? A restrucuring that happens to fire someone who was with E BC for 28 years but pissed Hansen off 4 months ago, huh?

paul said...

Jeff Nagel is a fine reporter and editor. He was editor of the Terrace Standard before he moved to the Lower Mainland. He, publisher Rod Link and a strong team made it the best paper in the province, pound for pound, for years. Well worth following, in print or online. (Also a great guy.)

RossK said...

Thanks Alison--

Your post on the matter is an excellent one.

_____

Paul--


I completely agree with you regarding the work of Mr. Nagel.

And I find it most interesting (and encouraging for Lotuslanders) that he is now working down here in the lowlands.

(and now I've gotta go look up Rod Link)

.