Friday, May 15, 2009

Is Reality TeeVee The Opiate Of The Stoopid?

EnquiringMinds
WantToKnowVille



One of our new favorites, the blogger currently known only as "Hell Is Upside Down", sure thinks so:

I was at a dinner party recently and all everyone could talk about was some debauchery related to a reality show I've never seen called Jon and Kate Plus 8. If, like me, you've never heard of this show, don't worry, you're better off not knowing. In my opinion, reality TV is the opiate of the stupid and I've boycotted the stuff since enduring Joe Millionaire, a shame I still hesitate to admit. Reality TV is brain rot. So I found it tragic that a group of 30, 40 and 50-somethings, with a world of more important topics to discuss, would choose to gossip over a lame reality TV show......


Then, after a rant on Can-Pol as Reality TeeVee, "Flipped Over H-E-Double-Toothpicks" points out a couple of truly unsettling possibilities:

....Perhaps it's hard-wired human nature to be attracted to shiny keys and I'm just as guilty as anyone else. I'll admit, I'm a sucker for a cheap, snazzy blog headline.

What really scares me is there may be no way back from this abyss.



Which scares the beejeebuz out of me let me tell you, especially given that I already know that I too am a sucker for a cheap, snazzy blog headline (see above in big bold orange for example).

Oh boy....

.

No comments: