Saturday, February 29, 2020

Ask Not For Whom The Algorithm Tolls...

SingCeline
Dion!Ville


It was my kids who recently convinced me to take the plunge into the perpetual renting of audio content that is Spotify.

And I must confess that there is a lot I like about it, particularly from the point of view of instant aural gratification.

Because, I mean, really, if I wasn't using the app would I have ever bothered to hunt down the remastered version of 'Exile on Main Street' for no good reason at all?

Anyway, how does what I listen to possibly explain the following, which popped up out of nowhere when I logged on yesterday...




Jeebuz!


_____
Only the E's, and maybe C., will get that subheader....For good reason!



.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! I got told to "treat myself" to meghan trainor.

-little e.

RossK said...

Really?

That is bizarre...


.

Mr. Beer N. Hockey said...

Apparently when Bob went electric all Hope was indeed lost.

RossK said...

Beer--

That's because he Cros(by)sed Pete Seeger.

.

North Van's Grumps said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
North Van's Grumps said...

really off topic but having to do with the virus as laid out by a contributor to Emptywheel

https://www.emptywheel.net/2020/03/09/john-galt-is-impotent-in-a-pandemic/

https://twitter.com/PalliThordarson/status/1236549305189597189

1/25 Part 1 - Why does soap work so well on the SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus and indeed most viruses? Because it is a self-assembled nanoparticle in which the weakest link is the lipid (fatty) bilayer. A two part thread about soap, viruses and supramolecular chemistry

etc

Mr. Beer N. Hockey said...

https://www.reverbnation.com/thecruzeros/song/350839-dont-drink-the-water?fb_og_action=reverbnation_fb:unknown&fb_og_object=reverbnation_fb:song&player_client_id=j29dsi7kl&utm_campaign=a_public_songs&utm_content=reverbnation_fb:song&utm_medium=facebook_og&utm_source=reverbnation_fb:unknown&fbclid=IwAR1NzszXd6XrfF2iEpzcoTlqYX39kMIODC4LODz70kQBcvgGl4pviPPfcds

From Kelowna, 2005.

e.a.f. said...

NVG, I read that. Didn't know that at all. Knew soap and water were the way to go, but always wondered. Now I know and am so much happier for it.

They also linked to a video on hand washing. it led to 50 videos from Asia on hand washing. OMG they were entertaining and funny and I learnt that movement for washing the crease between thump and finger. Hadn't seen that, so now I'm washing may hands according to those videos and yes, to the count of 20. Washing the area between thump and finger is at least 5 seconds.