Thursday, February 11, 2021

The Keef Report: Blue Moon Rising?



I can't believe I'm going to say this, but....

I actually agree with the Keef one thousand percent when it comes to 'Ball Four'.

Although, to be clear, that iron-clad agreement likely has as much to do with our similar vintage it does with Mr. Bouton's literary chops.

My second choice would be a book called 'Seven Days To Sunday' which is an insider/all-access account of a pivotal week for the New York Football Giants during the 1967 season. Fran Tarkenton was the quarterback, Tucker Fredrickson was the runner, Allie Sherman was the coach, and Spider Lockhart was the free safety, an undersized skinny guy I would soon pretend to pattern myself after while playing for the purple and gold of the Oak Bay junior bantam Marauders.

Imagine that!



.

2 comments:

e.a.f. said...

I remember one name out of that, Fran Tarkenton for Football, of course Scotty Bowman and Dryden you'd have to been dead not to remember them. Didn't watch sports but Bowman always interested me, the way he walked behind the players.

RossK said...

e.a.f.--

'Twas from a time from before Tarkenton's stature grew when he returned to Minnesota to play for Bud Grant.

Haven't read Dryden's book on Bowman and don't plan to...It's a(n anti-) Habs thing.