Saturday, June 26, 2021

The Heatdome Blues Room

Don'tLayDownYourWeary
TuneVille


Unfortunately, a wall of work will keep me squirrelled away down in the subterranean homesick bluesroom through a good chunk of the Lotuslandian heatwave weekend.

Which isn't all bad given that it is a little cooler down here in the basement.

And the guitars are nearby which means I can take a break occasionally to work on the next Sunday Set (of songs).

Which is precisely what I did this morning, only things didn't go so well even after I capo'd up and/or transposed the chord progressions. 

So I tried just going through the book of old songs and for the first time in a longtime I got that tingly feeling while playing the long, lost favourite shown above.

Which is just what I was looking for.

Sure was.


_______
Did that old favourite, which is a John Darnielle/Mountain Goats song, way, way back in the day with the kids and the Whackadoodle I...
Hey...If you are interested in alt.country and you're looking for some really nice relaxed but super interesting talk audio (stuff I'm convinced Mr. Beer 'N Hockey would like)...Check out the offerings by a guy named Otis Gibbs.


.

No comments: