Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Our Tuesday Pick....Not Your Grandpa's Favourite Uncle.



LongMayHe
RunVille


The image above features Mortimer Hearseberg, a 1948 Buick Roadmaster that carried Neil Young and the Squires around central Canada in the mid-60's before it crossed over the great divide in Blind River near Sudbury, Ontario in 1965.

Anyway, these days, especially given that I've cut my caffeine consumption considerably, sometimes I need an aural kick in the pants to get going in the morning.

This, where uncle Neil joins and jams individually with every single member of Pearl Jam, does it every time...



______
Young is running some really great stuff over on his shambolic and massive archive pretty much everyday...I especially enjoy the homespun 'Fireside Sessions'.
Oh, and just in case you didn't know until you dug into it (or you are my brother) like I did....'Mort' is not the same hearse that carried Young to Los Angeles for that fateful meeting with Mr. Stills on Sunset...


.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Video insert shows as being blocked by Pearl Jam on this channel. You can still watch it thru YouTube. I don't understand the rationale for blocking, and I'm quite disappointed that Pearl Jam supports it

Mike

RossK said...

Wow.

That is not like the old PJ.

Crazy thing is...this is a real labour of love by fans as it is a multi-cam put together by a bunch of them.

Thanks Mike.

What's next, Eddie Vedder does a Google ad for Live Nation?


.