Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Our Wednesday Pick....Waltzing Matilda.


TheOddsWereInTheirFavour
TheyHadHimFiveToOneVille


The concert, above, shot in its entirety, is from the summer of 1976, performed in the land of a still-then-young, just barely post-run Springsteen, Asbury Park, New Jersey.

In other words, it occurred just before Mr. Scorsese turned The Band into, as Levon Helm later said, 'Robbie Robertson and His Sidemen'.

And, as (the) one YouTube commenter (that ever made sense) wrote...'This is the Holy Grail of The Band Bootlegs'.

Dig It!



______
And, ya, I know it was actually four-to-one....But I figured it made for a good 'Cripple Creek'-inspired turn of subheader phrase...
Oh, and as for that first sentence (of the post)....The comment quotient, though.... A record, I reckon, even for this place...I think that this enforced homestay is starting to get to me...For instance, I had no idea that I'm actually allergic to our cat...

.

No comments: