Sunday, May 22, 2011

It Turns Out...

.
....We Are Really Big In Taiwan!



So.....

C's Mom L. is over for the weekend.

And we got to talking about our Busking Project.

She asked me if there are any more videos.

There are not.

Because the kids are off doing their own things now, which is great.

So these days it's mostly just the Whackadoodle and me, usually at beaches, in the woods, or at dog parks, but almost always with the guitar.

Heckfire.

I can play most of the playlist with the leash strapped to my left hand now.

Except, of course, for that damned F#Minor, which is so important in so many of that maniacal genius Darnielle's Key of A songs.

Which is how I have the playlist organized.

By Key.

Not by Artist....

Or Album...

Or even song title.

It's kind of like my busker version of a Nick Hornby/Championship Vinyl-type obsessive/compulsive/organizational type deal.

****

Anyway.

As for that Taiwan thing....It turns out that if you go to the Stats portion of the video above's actual YouTube page, Formosa lights up like Lizzie May's hair on fire.

And for a long time I couldn't figure out why.

Until I dug deeper and found out that some kid (presumably it's a kid, but can't tell for sure because the characters are in Hokkien and thus are, as one would expect, unreadable to me) linked to us from Taiwan months ago.

And people from there are still stopping by in a slow, steady drizzle.

All of which goes to show that, even without the rapture, it really is a crazy, mixed-up world we live in.



______
For the record, am still writing songs...And doing my best to record a few along with a whole lotta covers...Working on something like this, only for my Dad, whose name is Ken - not Clem.

.

No comments: