Saturday, May 14, 2011

What If Lindsay Weir Had Scuffled Instead Of Soared?

NeverMindTheDead
HearComeTheGratefulLivingVille


Me, I figure Paul Feig and Judd Apatow might just make a movie about it.

Lindsay's so-called messed-up life, I mean.

Written, of course, by Kristen Wiig.

And while I haven't seen the film yet (I'll leave that to Bigger E. and her friends), I have, as is so often my want, read about it courtesy of Manohla Dargis in the Times.

Anyway.....

This kind of stuff always kind of makes me wonder about things like 'what if'.

As in, "What if Freaks And Geeks hadn't been cancelled after the first season?'

Somehow, I reckon things would have turned out a whole lot differently.

Because, clearly if the TeeVee show version of the Apatow vision of folks born fully formed, as voiced and filmed by Feig, had gone on a long run, Linda Cardellini would likely never have gone on to play Velma in the Scooby Moovies.

And, for sure, Jason Segel would never have done this.

Regardless, it was a heckuva show - and for that we, and probably pretty much that entire Apatow crowd*, should probably all be grateful.





______
*Except maybe for Sam Levine, but certainly not Mike White.

.

No comments: