Monday, May 16, 2005

Codger's Are Us

CentristsWithAHeartOf....
(real)GoldVille


Look, you don't have to take my word for it....or my wife's.....or my kid's....or my Dad's....or my Mom's*....or any other raving lunatic lefty that wants to win friends and influence you or your Uncle, whatsoever.

Instead, you can just listen to the old codger himself, Rafe Mair.


"I could never have served with the Campbell Liberals. They lied about the fiscal state of affairs when they took over, they threw a tax rebate at the well off, then embarked upon three years of reckless borrowing, driving the provincial debt up while figuratively flogging the less fortunate of our fellow citizens. .....

This government hasn’t just ignored the environment it has consciously made it much worse. The Fish Farms are but one example but are an especially good look into the mindset of this government. Premier Campbell refused to save the Pink salmon out of the Broughton Archipelago, refuses to take responsibility when they fail, as fail they will then – I’m sorry friends but there’s no other word, lied through his teeth telling us that his policy is science based.....

What about the alternative? My sole concern with that party is its close ties to Unions. That they are concerned about working people to me is a plus …...I accept the word of Carole James that this will change. I believe that under her the NDP has finally started down the path that the British Labour party trod on its march towards the Centre. So we’re essentially faced with a party of the right showing no inclination to move to the centre and a party of the left whose leader is clearly on that path.

On Tuesday I will vote for Dennis Perry, the Green Party candidate in my riding (West Vancouver), but must say, that wherever I lived I would vote for the candidate I thought best able to defeat the Campbell Liberals.

A Party I support must have values and a commitment to all British Columbians – not just those who buy influence with them."



You got that.

Rafe Mair, he no lefty, he no bleedin' heart, he a free-enterpriser nonpareil, he a man who cares about the future of OUR (not THEIR) Province, is telling you that, if that's what it takes, to Vote ND Freakin' P!

_____
* OK, OK. Maybe you should take my Mom's word for it no matter what. After all, she spent most of her adult life working for banks and thus knows what's what. And besides, she is my Mom and she's not really a raving lunatic lefty.
However, Rick Barnes and all kinds of other lunatic lefty's have been all over this one all day.
And don't forget: It was waygone lefties, and I was one of them, that gave Mr. Campbell his huge majority last time because we believed that he would rule as a pragmatic Centrist. As Mr. Mair's editorial makes clear Mr. Campbell has proven, time and time again, that he is anything but.
That's It: I'm done......putting away the compass, the pointy calipers and all the rest of the mapmaking tools. You know where the LINO's are, go find 'em and send 'em packing.

.

No comments: