Wednesday, December 02, 2015

The Advent Jukebox, Day 2.....Star Star.

CanYouHelpMeTo
SeeVille


While it has not yet quite reached the status of that huge can of Capra corn, one of my favourite movies to watch during the holiday season these days is 'Once'.

For all kinds of reasons, of which there are too many to go into here.

Anyway....

I understand why the song 'Star Star', which was penned by Mr. Hansard without Ms. Irglova some years before the Swell Season formed, is not in the movie.

Still, I wish it was in the movie anyway for all kinds of reasons purely musical but also for the history it has with the pair.

Here's my own version with a little Hansardesque lyrical/melodic ad-libbing of my (almost) own at the end


_____
Image at the top is of a Star Man seen above the skies of Point Arena California a few July 4th's ago...


No comments: