Friday, August 12, 2011

Laila Takes On Lotusland's Least Exclusive Club

AllTheRealNewsThatDoesn'tQuiteFit
BloggodomeVille


Like a number of bloggers before her, including a fine post from Ian Reid, Laila Yuile, looks the members of our local proMedia 'Club' in the collective eye and decides that she doesn't like what she sees:

"...It’s true that losing an illusion makes you wiser than finding the truth sometimes, but my illusion that the press should be free from any obligation other than the public’s right to know, is one I wish was still unbroken...."


I sure as heckfire can't argue with that.

But I can offer Laila a word of advice from Marx that I'm pretty sure perhaps the greatest pundit of all time, HL Mencken, would not have disagreed with.

And I'm not talking about pearls of wisdom from Karl....

"I sent the club a wire stating...
PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER."


OK?

.




No comments: