Thursday, June 27, 2013

All The Joy That Fits!

DoingTheRightThing
StillReallyReallyReallyMattersVille


Awhile ago, we told you about former local journos Jody Paterson's and Paul Willcocks' ongoing efforts to make things better for the kids in an orphanage in a little village in Honduras.

Well....

Big things have been happening there.

And this time, as promised in the GoFundMe pitch, it's the beds:

...I wouldn't have expected little kids to be quite so excited about a bed, but let me tell you, these guys are pumped. I wish you could see their beaming faces when I ask which bed is theirs and they proudly lead me to their bunk.

They've never had that before at Angelitos - a bed of their own. A private place for their clothes and personal items, the few that they have. One spot in this impersonal world that is just for them. It's a huge step forward for child dignity.
So that's how miracles work. It took flesh-and-blood humans to raise the money, build the beds and make this project happen, but there's still something of the divine about how it all came together. 


Whatever you want to call it, it feels like hope...

I highly recommend you go and read Jody's entire account of how it came to be.

Because it will do your heart and soul good.

Even if you are an atheist like me.

Honest.

.

No comments: