Sunday, May 09, 2010

My Morning Ride....

.....Moving Towards The Light


I love this time of year.

Because.

The calendar.........
And the sun.......
......Are both on our side.





_____
Ya, ya, ya...I know.....It's Sunday....We did get a grant (yay! no lay-offs!!!) and we got two papers out (one of the kids grazed me with a celebratory popping cork on Friday afternoon), but now I've got a million stupid administrative things to do that I've been putting off for the last few weeks....including reviewing other peoples grants.....But I'm going home early....Promise....


.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the grant. And many more. There is still a half moon in the kitchen ceiling from a plastic 'cork' from a bottle of Oz fizzy.
Frank

West End Bob said...

Congrats on the grant, RossK!

Love the pic, the calendar and the sun . . . .

RossK said...

Sounds good Frank - although I think plastic corks hurt more....

As an aside, this paper was the work of two labs so we popped the corks in two locations....In my lab we shoot 'em down the hallway and I scramble around to mark the wall (down low, out of sight) for posterity....In my colleagues he shoots 'em at a panel on the ceiling and marks 'em....Anyway, you can see how I got hit.

_____
Thanks Bob--

It's a huge relief actually, especially as two of the folks who work with me are getting ready to go on Mat leave....This way I'll have jobs for them when they come back....whew!.

.