Sunday, June 17, 2012

Everybody's Mom Should Be A Rockstar At Least Once.

EnoughWithTheDayOfDad'sStuff
ForNowVille


My Mom, who I'm pretty sure is responsible for the obsessive-compulsive, concentrate-like-hell side of me that matters, especially when it comes to my job, always used to give me a hard time for listening to a guy who sang like he had marbles in his mouth.

To get back at her I used to make fun of Elvis' Christmas album every year.

Which is ironic given that now I sing Elvis' most famous holiday season song with my own kids.

Anyway, not long ago, old Marble Mouth, who is now 62 years old, brought his own almost 90 year old Mom on stage for a little dance and song.

With bright lights ablazing to ward off any and all darkness...


.

4 comments:

West End Bob said...

That.

Was.

So.

Cool.

RossK.

Thanks ! ! ! !

Beijing York said...

Lovely!

Hard to believe she is almost 90 years old. Wow!

Anonymous said...

How great was that? Good for Bruce's Mom. I can't believe her age.

Some of my brothers and a sister are WW11 veterans. I was born during the war. That was always the family's fun. There were guitars, fiddles, banjo's spoons and washboards, and four part harmony. It was nothing to have thirty neighbors drop by on a Sunday, at our farm. As I grew older, I became the back-up singer, for all the family. I could range from alto, to tenor. There were nine of us. Some of them have passed away now. Those were the best years of my life.

RossK said...

Thanks Anon--

Great story...The wonderful tales the world's great back-up singers can tell!

.