Wednesday, May 28, 2008

There's A Sadness In Lotusland...

GoodbyeMr.Lee
AllOfVancouverVille

Frances Bula has a succinct, but sincere and moving, tribute up for former Vancouver school board member and councillor Don Lee, who passed away recently.

Here's my favorite part:

"Don had a remarkable ability to be forgiving, even in difficult circumstances. I remember him telling me that, when he was first trying to get a job as a teacher, sometimes he would be asked to an interview but when he arrived and the interviewers found out he was Chinese, they were suddenly less enthusiastic. He didn't hold a grudge, though, and did end up getting a job and teaching for over three decades...."


And while Mr. Lee's politics were not my own, he was the kind of guy I knew I could vote for, even if it was only help keep the other side honest and, more importantly, honourable.

He will be missed.

Greatly.

.

No comments: